HAZELNUT ASIAN LETTUCE WRAP
Hazelnut Asian Lettuce Wrap
- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1¼ lb turkey, ground
- 2 teaspoons garlic, fresh, minced
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup hoisen sauce
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or white vinegar
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skin removed if you like, coarsely chopped, divided
- 4 cups (8 ounces) coleslaw mix, cabbage and carrot blend
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 2 heads romaine leaves, washed, trimmed
Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high heat. Add turkey and garlic and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
Puree orange juice, hoisen sauce, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar and ⅓ cup hazelnuts in blender or food processor for 10 seconds, until blended.
Pour sauce over turkey and add coleslaw, green onions cilantro and remaining hazelnuts. Mix until blended. Spoon on romaine leaves and serve.
And they make a really good brown-bag lunch if you have extras - they are good even cold or room temperature.
I love cook once, eat twice and oh it's still really good!