- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1¼ lb turkey, ground
- 2 teaspoons garlic, fresh, minced
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup hoisen sauce
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or white vinegar
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skin removed if you like, coarsely chopped, divided
- 4 cups (8 ounces) coleslaw mix, cabbage and carrot blend
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 2 heads romaine leaves, washed, trimmed
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high heat. Add turkey and garlic and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Puree orange juice, hoisen sauce, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar and ⅓ cup hazelnuts in blender or food processor for 10 seconds, until blended.
- Pour sauce over turkey and add coleslaw, green onions cilantro and remaining hazelnuts. Mix until blended. Spoon on romaine leaves and serve.
NotesThese flavor-packed wraps are full of vegetables for a nutty Asian-inspired dish. I love them for lunch on a hot summer day or even for a lighter supper.
And they make a really good brown-bag lunch if you have extras - they are good even cold or room temperature.
I love cook once, eat twice and oh it's still really good!