- Cooking Time: 60 to 70
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, hazelnuts, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk the egg yolks, water, oil and vanilla; add to dry ingredients.
- Beat until well blended.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form; fold into batter.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan.
- Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets.
- Bake on the lowest rack at 325 degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately invert the cake pan onto a wire rack; cool completely.
- Carefully run a knife around edges and center tube to loosen; remove cake.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More