- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 8
- 1/4 cp. coursely ground dijon mustard
- 2 (8 rib) lamb rib roast (2 1/2 to 3 lbs. each, trimmed)
- 1/4 cp. fine dry breadcrumbs (use commercial)
- 1/2 cp. finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cherry Wine Sauce
- Garnish: Fresh Sprigs of thyme
- Spread mustard over lamb rib roast.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients: pat over roast.
- Place roast in lightly greased roasting pan, fat side out and ribs crisscrossed.
- Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of lamb, making sure it does not touch bone.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool slightly.
- Cover exposed bones with strips of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees: roast 35 minutes or until thermometer registers 130 degrees.
- Serve with Cherry Wine Sauce (recipe follows)
NotesThis is a very elegant, refined, and sumptuous recipe. Crisscrossing the racks makes a superb presentation. This would be wonderful for the Holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More