- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 8
- 1/4 cp. coursely ground dijon mustard
- 2 (8 rib) lamb rib roast (2 1/2 to 3 lbs. each, trimmed)
- 1/4 cp. fine dry breadcrumbs (use commercial)
- 1/2 cp. finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cherry Wine Sauce
- Garnish: Fresh Sprigs of thyme
- Spread mustard over lamb rib roast.
- Combine breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients: pat over roast.
- Place roast in lightly greased roasting pan, fat side out and ribs crisscrossed.
- Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of lamb, making sure it does not touch bone.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool slightly.
- Cover exposed bones with strips of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees: roast 35 minutes or until thermometer registers 130 degrees.
- Serve with Cherry Wine Sauce (recipe follows)
NotesThis is a very elegant, refined, and sumptuous recipe. Crisscrossing the racks makes a superb presentation. This would be wonderful for the Holidays.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Breads and Pastry 101
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Playdough using cream of tartar
Frozen Lemonade Pie
Jams and MarmaladesSee More