HAZELNUT CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB WITH CHERRY WINE SAUCE
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 8
- 1/4 cp. coursely ground dijon mustard
- 2 (8 rib) lamb rib roast (2 1/2 to 3 lbs. each, trimmed)
- 1/4 cp. fine dry breadcrumbs (use commercial)
- 1/2 cp. finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Cherry Wine Sauce
- Garnish: Fresh Sprigs of thyme
Spread mustard over lamb rib roast.
Combine breadcrumbs and next 5 ingredients: pat over roast.
Place roast in lightly greased roasting pan, fat side out and ribs crisscrossed.
Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of lamb, making sure it does not touch bone.
Roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Cover exposed bones with strips of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees: roast 35 minutes or until thermometer registers 130 degrees.
Serve with Cherry Wine Sauce (recipe follows)