- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFor a sauce with a Tuscan flair replace the hazelnuts with toasted pine nuts and 1/2 tsp lemon zest.
** Toasting Hazelnuts – Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes; shake the pan every 5 minutes. When fragrant, empty hazelnuts into a terry cloth towel and rub the bitter skins off, or at least MOST of the bitter skin.
*** Toasting Pine Nuts – place a small skillet over low heat, spread pine nuts in a single layer. Move skillet frequently, or stir nuts, or toss (Whichever you prefer) until fragrant. Pine nuts will turn a slightly darker brown… Be careful though, Pine nuts burn VERY easily.
- ½ C of Toasted Hazelnuts
- ¾ C of Honey
- ½ C of Sweet Marsala Wine
- Combine toasted hazelnuts, honey and Marsala in a small, heavy pot over low heat.
- Stir until the honey is dissolved into the Marsala.
- Let the mixture stand at room temperature for an hour to let the flavors meld.
- Spoon the sauce over the Panna Cotta.