- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, whichever kind you prefer [I like a white/cremini mix]
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 cup wild rice [or 1/4 cup rice and 1/4 cup orzo]
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts [toast in a dry skillet or in a 325 degree oven until golden brown]
- Melt butter and oil together in saucepan. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, sprinkling with a little salt.
- Add garlic, sage and rice and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth. Simmer covered until done.
- Stir in toasted hazelnuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More