- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, whichever kind you prefer [I like a white/cremini mix]
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 cup wild rice [or 1/4 cup rice and 1/4 cup orzo]
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts [toast in a dry skillet or in a 325 degree oven until golden brown]
- Melt butter and oil together in saucepan. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, sprinkling with a little salt.
- Add garlic, sage and rice and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth. Simmer covered until done.
- Stir in toasted hazelnuts.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Apple Pie Drink
Mayo Mexican Dip
Sweet Potato BruschettaSee More