- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, whichever kind you prefer [I like a white/cremini mix]
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 cup wild rice [or 1/4 cup rice and 1/4 cup orzo]
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts [toast in a dry skillet or in a 325 degree oven until golden brown]
- Melt butter and oil together in saucepan. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes, sprinkling with a little salt.
- Add garlic, sage and rice and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth. Simmer covered until done.
- Stir in toasted hazelnuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More