- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 4 salmon steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon apple butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place hazelnuts on baking sheet; bake until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
Quickly transfer nuts to clean dry dish towel. Fold towel over nuts; rub vigorously to remove as much of skins as possible. Using food processor, finely chop hazelnuts.
Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Place salmon in single layer in baking dish. Combine apple butter, mustard, thyme and pepper in small bowl. Brush onto salmon; sprinkle hazelnuts on top of each steak. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with fork