- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup skim milk, warmed
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup Goji berries
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp whole flaxseed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F, place the rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Seperately, beat together the sugar, milk and extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until well incorporated.
- Stir in the coconut, Goji berries, blueberries, flaxseed and sesame seeds.
- With floured hands, shape into a slightly flattened log and place on a lightly greased and floured cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the upper third of the oven. Cool completely.
- Reposition the oven rack to the middle position.
- With a sharp serated knife, cut log into 1/2" wide slices.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then flip and bake 5 minutes more.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 88.7
- Total Fat: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
- Sodium: 5.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
NotesI don't know how this could be healthier... or yummier!! Flax, sesame, coconut, blueberries and goji berries in a low-fat, crunchy snack! Goji berries are shriveled red berries that look like red raisins, and can usually be found in health food or bulk stores.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 1.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
Sodium: 5.7 mg
Total Carbs: 18.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
Protein: 1.7 g
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More