- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup skim milk, warmed
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup Goji berries
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1 tbsp whole flaxseed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F, place the rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Seperately, beat together the sugar, milk and extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until well incorporated.
- Stir in the coconut, Goji berries, blueberries, flaxseed and sesame seeds.
- With floured hands, shape into a slightly flattened log and place on a lightly greased and floured cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the upper third of the oven. Cool completely.
- Reposition the oven rack to the middle position.
- With a sharp serated knife, cut log into 1/2" wide slices.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then flip and bake 5 minutes more.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 88.7
- Total Fat: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
- Sodium: 5.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
NotesI don't know how this could be healthier... or yummier!! Flax, sesame, coconut, blueberries and goji berries in a low-fat, crunchy snack! Goji berries are shriveled red berries that look like red raisins, and can usually be found in health food or bulk stores.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 1.2 g
Cholesterol: 0.2 mg
Sodium: 5.7 mg
Total Carbs: 18.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
Protein: 1.7 g
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in FilmSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More