HEALTHIER MEXICAN PIZZA
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time:
- 6 flour tortillas, 6 inch
- 3/4 C refried beans
- 1 1/2 C shredded Smoky Mexican Chicken http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Smoky-Mexican-Chicken/32472/
- 3/4 C reduced fat Mexican cheese, shredded
- 6 TBLS smooth taco sauce
- 3 TBLS scallions, sliced
- 12 jalapeno slices
- You can find the Smoky Mexican Chicken recipe here.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place tortillas on a large baking sheet.
- Bake tortillas until golden & crisp.
- Push down any bubbles that might pop up on the tortillas to keep them flat.
- Spread 1/4 C refried beans on half of the tortillas.
- Then spread 1/2 C Smoky Mexican Chicken over each tortilla with beans.
- Cover chicken and bean covered tortillas with remaining crisp tortillas.
- Spread 2 TBLS taco sauce on pizza.
- Evenly spread 1/4 cup shredded cheese on each pizza.
- Add scallions.
- And jalapenos.
- Bake until cheese is melty.
- Let it set for 3 - 5 minutes, then cut into quarters & enjoy!!
- You can top these with your favorite toppings. This is just what I had on hand tonight. You can add black olives, diced tomatoes, diced red onions, cilantro, or for some cool fresh crunch, sprinkle on some crispy shredded lettuce when it comes out of the oven.
- Nutritional Information
- Healthier Mexican Pizza - 1 pizza
- Calories: 485
- Total Fat: 12g
- Total Carbs: 43g
- Protein: 47g
NotesI love Mexican food and have been working on lightening it up. Tonight was Mexican Pizza!