- Cooking Time: 50
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy mother is the meatloaf queen, but as we got older and startied thinking about healthier eating, her classic recipe had to go! This turkey and veggie version is healthier, but still hearty, and tastier than the original! It's also very versatile; you can use any veggies you like, or whatever you happen to have in the fridge! Zucchini, carrots, squash, get creative!
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 egg white
- Worchestire sauce
- Soy sauce
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Preaheat ove nto 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, veggies, tomato paste, egg, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a few dashes of soy and Worchestire sauces (about 1 Tbls each) and combine.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and combine, about 1/2 cup at a time, until the meat clings together, but is not dry.
- Press into a greased loaf pan, or mold into a loaf shape in a casserole.
- Bake covered in foil for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes or until top is browned and loaf is cooked through.