- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal (this is one less cup than the original)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-2/3 cups raisins (the golden ones taste so much better!)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (a lot more than the original)
- a few sprinkles (about 1/8 tsp nutmeg)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce, approx.
- 2 TBSP Butter
- I baked these in a 350 oven for about 12 minutes...note: the more applesauce you use, the longer it takes for the cookie to harden.
NotesI was inspired by the little Quaker Oats guy...I basically took his recipe, made it a little healthier and added a few more spices! Tell me what you think of the final product!
I took these cookies to work, and they were gobbled up completely!
Improvised recipe (makes a little over 2 dozen, if you make 1 tbsp sized cookie dough servings).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
The Social Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More