- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal (this is one less cup than the original)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2-2/3 cups raisins (the golden ones taste so much better!)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (a lot more than the original)
- a few sprinkles (about 1/8 tsp nutmeg)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce, approx.
- 2 TBSP Butter
- I baked these in a 350 oven for about 12 minutes...note: the more applesauce you use, the longer it takes for the cookie to harden.
NotesI was inspired by the little Quaker Oats guy...I basically took his recipe, made it a little healthier and added a few more spices! Tell me what you think of the final product!
I took these cookies to work, and they were gobbled up completely!
Improvised recipe (makes a little over 2 dozen, if you make 1 tbsp sized cookie dough servings).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More