- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon each of the folowing:
- and salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons frozen,
- thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 small Grany Smith Apples, peeled
- cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 12 thin slices.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease 12 standard size muffins cups or line with paper liners.
- Mix together flour,baking soda and all the spices and salt.
- Mix together eggs, apple juice and buttermilk.
- Stir in flour mixture into egg mixture until dry ingredients are just motened. DO NOT OVER-MIX. Gently stir in chopped apples and pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling cups two-thirds full. Garnish each muffin with an apple slice.
- Bake muffins until lightly golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched; 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool slightly. Turn muffins out onto rack to cool completely.
NotesI make these alot in the fall of the year...when apples are plentiful and cheaper. They are gone in no time flat.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More