- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI make these alot in the fall of the year...when apples are plentiful and cheaper. They are gone in no time flat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon each of the folowing:
- and salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons frozen,
- thawed apple juice concentrate
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 small Grany Smith Apples, peeled
- cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 12 thin slices.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease 12 standard size muffins cups or line with paper liners.
- Mix together flour,baking soda and all the spices and salt.
- Mix together eggs, apple juice and buttermilk.
- Stir in flour mixture into egg mixture until dry ingredients are just motened. DO NOT OVER-MIX. Gently stir in chopped apples and pecans.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans, filling cups two-thirds full. Garnish each muffin with an apple slice.
- Bake muffins until lightly golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched; 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool slightly. Turn muffins out onto rack to cool completely.