- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup blueberries (or raisins)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, broken into pieces (optional) I used pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine oil, honey and eggs in a food processor. Beat in bananas; set aside
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt. Add oats. Carefully stir in blueberries (or raisins) and walnuts. Add to banana mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- For bread: pour batter into a glass loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Cut into 18 slices.
- For Muffins: line muffin cups with paper baking cups and fill 2/3 full with batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 18 muffins
- For Mini Muffins: Spray mini muffin pan with non stick cooking spray. Fill each cup with batter. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 30 mini muffins.
NotesIf you're looking for some healthy recipes, then Eat Well, Live Well by Pamela Smith is the cookbook for you. This is one of her many recipes. It called for whole wheat pastry flour, which I didn't have so I used regular whole wheat flour had it turned out just fine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More