- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ cup plus 1/3 cup flax meal
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup combo of oatmeal, wheat germ, etc.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teas. Baking soda
- 1 teas vanilla
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2)
- Cream together flax meal and sugar, mix in eggs. Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir in dried cranberries or dates or fresh fruit (blueberries are good).
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
NotesMy quilting bee serves morning snacks when we get together. This recipe was created by one of the ladies who is increasing her flax and whole grain choices. It was SO good, I prefer it to the traditional recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Nick's PicksSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More