- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup good quality unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an individual brownie pan or 8 inch square baking pan, with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together all of he dry ingredients. Mix the applesauce and egg whites and gently fold into the dry mixture. Stir only until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until desired texture is reached. Less time will result in a more dense, gooey brownie and longer time will produce a cake like brownie. When cool, cut into 8 pieces.
NotesTypical Brownie Recipe:
46 grams carbohydrates
Healthy Brownie Recipe:
0.9 grams of fat
26 grams of carbs
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More