- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 t chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 3 ounces each) - I like to pound chicken thin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 C marinara sauce
- 1/4 C shredded mozzarella
- 8 tsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP nsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Blend olive oil and herbs in a small bowl
- Brush both sides of chicken cutlets with herb-oil mixture, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat large, heave, oven proof sklillet over a high flame. (we use cast iron)
- Add chicken cutlets, and cook until brown, about 1 minute per side. Remove from heat.
- Spoon marinara sauce over and around chicken.
- Sprinkle 1 TBSP of mozzarella, then 2 tsp of Parmesan over each ctlet.
- Dot tops with butter pieces.
- Place skillet in oven, and bake until cheese melts and cutlets are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
NotesRecipe came from the weekly newspaper Life magazine. March 18, 2005. We made it several times and the recipe vanished. Found it a couple of weeks ago and am very excited to make it soon. I had to put it in here as soon as I found it again (forgot where I put it when I found it.), just incase...