- Cooking Time: 18-20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Instant coffee granules
- 1 cup Organic Strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Lowfat Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, good quality
- ½ cup Mini chocolate chips
- 1 Mix wet ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups and spray with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and instant coffee.
- 2 Mix dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, and salt. Mix half of the dry ingredients into the wet, then stir in half the buttermilk. Do this again with remaining ingredients and stir until just combined (don't over-stir). Gently fold in chopped berries and chocolate chips.
- 3 Bake muffins.
- Pour equal amount of batter into each of the 12 muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a muffin. Let cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes then remove muffins to a cooling rack. Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt and honey, or with a little butter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More