- Cooking Time: NA
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 avocados (peeled, seeded and quartered)
- 3 limes (juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest (optional)
- 1/3 cup sugar (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2/3 cup non-fat greek style yogurt
- 1. Process all ingredients, except the yogurt, in a food processor until smooth.
- 2. Add the yogurt and process until combined. Taste and adjust flavorings.
- 3. Spoon into serving dishes or glass, refrigerate for one hour.
- Hass Avocados are best for this recipe. They are usually creamier and more dense.
- Aside from dark color, pinch the stem button on the avocado- if there is a green hue underneath- it is ripened.
- You may substitute honey or sugar supplements for the sugar- add it gradually until desired taste is achieved.
- Some limes are more juicy than others- use your judgement.
- Use fancy glasses and make it elegant.
NotesThis is somewhat magical- Healthy ingredients are whipped and transformed into a silky smooth tangy mousse. You can have fun with this- by playing a “guess the ingredients game”-and probably fool most.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More