- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or vegetable oil, if you're not calorie counting)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Sift together flours, baking powder and soda, and salt. Stir in spices.
- In a seprarate bowl, beat egg with brown sugar until well combined. Mix in egg and combine. Stir in vanilla, buttermilk, applesauce and pumpkin puree.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Pour mixture into muffin cups and bake approximately 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
NotesI love playing around with my basic (butterless) muffin recipe. This is my new favorite.
Nutrition Info, per muffin: Calories: 143 / Fat: 3g / Carbs: 27g / Dietary Fiber: 2.4g / Sugar: 2.2g / Protein: 3.8g
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More