HEALTHY TURKEY MEATLOAF
- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. Ground Turkey Meat
- (dark will always taste better but either is fine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 small onion
- (or Trader Joe's has a ready made mirepoix)
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, panko is fine
- 3 big spoonfulls of light cottage cheese
- A liberal amout of fresh, chopped thyme
- Fresh chopped parsley
- A few dashes of cayanne pepper
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Cook the mirepoix in the olive oil till the veggies are tender. (10 min)
Set aside to cool.
In a bowl combine the turkey, bread crumbs, cottage cheese and cooked vegetables and mix lightly with your hands.
Add salt and pepper.
Add most of the thyme.
On a cookie sheet, form the mixture into 2 loaves with your hands.
Sprinkle the loaves with a little more of the thyme, the parsley, salt and pepper and the cayanne.
Bake in the upper part of the over for 35 minutes.
Let stand for 10 minutes.
Slice and serve!