- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. Ground Turkey Meat
- (dark will always taste better but either is fine)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 small onion
- (or Trader Joe's has a ready made mirepoix)
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, panko is fine
- 3 big spoonfulls of light cottage cheese
- A liberal amout of fresh, chopped thyme
- Fresh chopped parsley
- A few dashes of cayanne pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the mirepoix in the olive oil till the veggies are tender. (10 min)
- Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl combine the turkey, bread crumbs, cottage cheese and cooked vegetables and mix lightly with your hands.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add most of the thyme.
- On a cookie sheet, form the mixture into 2 loaves with your hands.
- Sprinkle the loaves with a little more of the thyme, the parsley, salt and pepper and the cayanne.
- Bake in the upper part of the over for 35 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
NotesI found a similar recipe and have tailored it to my tastes. It comes out great every time and is a favorite in my house.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Short & Sweet
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More