- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 90
- 1/3 cup warm water for yeast
- .25 ounce yeast (1/3rd of the packet)
- 3 tbsp oil/butter
- 1 /4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins or mixed nuts (as you like ur bread)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- for cinnamon swirl:
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- Warm the milk till it bubbles and remove from heat, keep separate. Heat water (110 deg F) and put yeast, wailt for 3-10 mins for the yeast to froth. Add milk, eggs, sugar, butter, salt, raisins or nuts. Add flour (all types) to form dough. If dough is sticky, dont worry, cos the bread will be moist :) Knead lightly for a while and keep separate and allow it to rise. Allow to rise until doubled. After 30 mins or so, roll out on a lightly floured surface into a rectangular shape. Mix the cinnamon swirl ingredients and sprinkle. Now roll it into a cylindrical shape, about 3 inches high. Tuck under ends. Place in a well greased 9 X 5 " pan. Keep separate for an hour.
- For better results you can make the dough and keep it overnight.
- Heat oven at 350 deg and place pan. Bake for about 35 mins or till the top is well browned and bread sounds hollow on tapping. let cool before slicing.
NotesOur first home made loaf
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More