- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have made this recipe many times but do not remember where it came from as it is manually written in one of my recipe notebooks-sorry for any credits which should be given. This recipe makes approximately 10-15 servings so you might want to cut the recipe in half if not cooking for a large family. You can also improvise with this recipe...ie whatever BBQ sauce you have on hand can be used...just add honey to it.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3/4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled, 2 T of the fat reserved
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) pork & beans
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 T cider vinegar
- 1 T liquid smoke
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook onion in 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat until soft. Add all other ingredients to pan. Cover and bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.