- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3/4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled, 2 T of the fat reserved
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) pork & beans
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 T cider vinegar
- 1 T liquid smoke
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook onion in 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat until soft. Add all other ingredients to pan. Cover and bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
NotesI have made this recipe many times but do not remember where it came from as it is manually written in one of my recipe notebooks-sorry for any credits which should be given. This recipe makes approximately 10-15 servings so you might want to cut the recipe in half if not cooking for a large family. You can also improvise with this recipe...ie whatever BBQ sauce you have on hand can be used...just add honey to it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More