- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots (approx 1 carrot)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery (approx 1 stalk)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 16 oz can diced tomatoes (I use petite cut)
- 16 oz white kidney beans (aka cannellini beans)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- dash of pepper
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked macaroni (we used barilla plus macaroni for extra healthiness ;) )
- In a large pot, saute carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in oil over a low heat until onions are translucent and carrots are almost cooked.
- Add tomatoes and immer uncovered until 1/2 of tomato liquid evaporates
- Add pepper, beans and broth. Simmer covered for 15 minutes
- Mash soup with a potato masher (we tried with other kitchen implements and finally gave in and bought the masher--much easier!)
- Bring to a boil and add macaroni. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Helpful hint: Don't cook pasta more than 5 minutes or it will get mushy. It finishes cooking in the 10 minutes of standing.
NotesThis is a recipe from my MIL. I normally am an anti-vegetable kind of person, but this is really really tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More