- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots (approx 1 carrot)
- 1/4 cup chopped celery (approx 1 stalk)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 16 oz can diced tomatoes (I use petite cut)
- 16 oz white kidney beans (aka cannellini beans)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- dash of pepper
- 1 1/4 cup uncooked macaroni (we used barilla plus macaroni for extra healthiness ;) )
- In a large pot, saute carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in oil over a low heat until onions are translucent and carrots are almost cooked.
- Add tomatoes and immer uncovered until 1/2 of tomato liquid evaporates
- Add pepper, beans and broth. Simmer covered for 15 minutes
- Mash soup with a potato masher (we tried with other kitchen implements and finally gave in and bought the masher--much easier!)
- Bring to a boil and add macaroni. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Helpful hint: Don't cook pasta more than 5 minutes or it will get mushy. It finishes cooking in the 10 minutes of standing.
NotesThis is a recipe from my MIL. I normally am an anti-vegetable kind of person, but this is really really tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More