- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 medium to large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 Cups water
- 2 cubes chick boullion
- (OR 1 cup chicken broth + 2 cups water, instead of 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz. Velveeta, cubed
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Onion Powder to taste
- Crumbled Bacon and cheddar cheese for topping
- 1.) Combine potatoes, water, boullion cubes (or broth water) in soup pot.
- 2.) Cook, covered, until potatoes are tender.
- 3.) Add butter, velveeta cheese, sour cream, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix Well.
- 4.) Heat thoroughly, until all cheese and butter are melted.
- 5.) Lower heat and allow soup to thicken, stirring often.
- 6.) Add crumbled bacon and shredded cheese to bowl-fulls!
- 7.) Enjoy!
- *This recipe goes really well with a slice of Texas Toast during the winter months!
NotesThis recipe is great when you don't have too many items on hand, is easy and tastes great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Jean’s Recipe File
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More