HEARTY CORN PUDDING
- Cooking Time: 1 hr and 15 mins
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 T butter
- 3 T flour
- 1 1/4 c milk
- 1 c grated cheddar cheese
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 chopped green pepper
- 1 15oz can of corn (drained) or 3 c fresh or frozen corn
- 1 c soft bread crumbs (2 slices) - use whole wheat for extra fiber
- 1/2 t salt or to taste
- 1 t dry mustard
- 1/2 t sugar or splenda
- 1 t pepper
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 c Kielbasa turkey sausage
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 t basil or to taste
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- Melt butter and stir in flour and other seasonings.
- Cook roux for about a minute and gradually add milk, stirring sauce constantly over low heat until slightly thickened.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in grated cheese and remaining ingredients.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- **Do not add the topping**
- Cook slowly at 325 degrees for approximately 1 hr 15 minutes or until the knife inserted in the center of the pudding comes out clean.
- Spread the topping over the top of the pudding and place back in the over for five minutes or until the cheese is melted