- Cooking Time: 480-600
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 pounds beef roast. (2 chuck roasts approximatley 2 pound each are a good choice.)
- 4 pounds potatoes, pared and chunked
- 1 1/2 C. carrots, sliced in one inch sections
- 2 C. sliced white onion
- 2 cans Campbells French Onion Soup
- 1 jar Beef Gravy
- Dredge roasts in flour and brown, one at a time.
- Slice onions into thin slices and line bottom of crockpot with a layer on onions. Place browned roasts on top on onion.
- Add carrots on top of roasts. Add half of remaining onions.Toss in chunks of potatoes and sprinkle remaining onion slices atop the potatoes.
- Pour two cans French Onion Soup over mixture in crockpot. Add 1 jar beef gravy.
- Cook 8/10 hours on low or 6 hours on high. Cook until roast and veggies are tender.Season to taste.
- Serve with bread of choice and salad.
NotesThis is a great recipe for a fix it and forget it day. The amounts following are appropriate for a 6 quart crockpot. Adjust accordingly.
This meal is a down home comfort food. Enjoy!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More