- Cooking Time: 480-600
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 pounds beef roast. (2 chuck roasts approximatley 2 pound each are a good choice.)
- 4 pounds potatoes, pared and chunked
- 1 1/2 C. carrots, sliced in one inch sections
- 2 C. sliced white onion
- 2 cans Campbells French Onion Soup
- 1 jar Beef Gravy
- Dredge roasts in flour and brown, one at a time.
- Slice onions into thin slices and line bottom of crockpot with a layer on onions. Place browned roasts on top on onion.
- Add carrots on top of roasts. Add half of remaining onions.Toss in chunks of potatoes and sprinkle remaining onion slices atop the potatoes.
- Pour two cans French Onion Soup over mixture in crockpot. Add 1 jar beef gravy.
- Cook 8/10 hours on low or 6 hours on high. Cook until roast and veggies are tender.Season to taste.
- Serve with bread of choice and salad.
NotesThis is a great recipe for a fix it and forget it day. The amounts following are appropriate for a 6 quart crockpot. Adjust accordingly.
This meal is a down home comfort food. Enjoy!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More