HEARTY FISH STEW
- Cooking Time: About 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: About 15 minutes
- ½ onion or 5 or 6 green onions chopped
- You'll need a large, non-stick skillet with a lid.
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 Tbl. Olive oil
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce (no high fructose corn syrup)
- 1 cup water
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 can Cannolini beans (white red beans)
- 1 Tbl. of that hot Vietnamese sauce (or more if you want it really hot)
- 2 lbs. Basa, Catfish, Cod or Halibut, cut into large but bite-size pieces (You could also add a pound of peeled shrimp) You want to use a firm fish.
- Other seasonings you like: Curry, turmeric, basil, pepper, rosemary
- Saute onion and garlic in the Olive oil until soft.
- Add the tomato sauce, olives, beans, water, hot sauce and other seasonings. Mix well.
- Add fish and cover and simmer until fish is flaky. About 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and brown rice or quinoa.
NotesWhat to do with that poor, lonely piece of fish. Stew! This is a one pot, stove-top meal. It's hearty, healthy and fast!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More