- Cooking Time: About 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: About 15 minutes
- ½ onion or 5 or 6 green onions chopped
- You'll need a large, non-stick skillet with a lid.
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 Tbl. Olive oil
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce (no high fructose corn syrup)
- 1 cup water
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 can Cannolini beans (white red beans)
- 1 Tbl. of that hot Vietnamese sauce (or more if you want it really hot)
- 2 lbs. Basa, Catfish, Cod or Halibut, cut into large but bite-size pieces (You could also add a pound of peeled shrimp) You want to use a firm fish.
- Other seasonings you like: Curry, turmeric, basil, pepper, rosemary
- Saute onion and garlic in the Olive oil until soft.
- Add the tomato sauce, olives, beans, water, hot sauce and other seasonings. Mix well.
- Add fish and cover and simmer until fish is flaky. About 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with steamed broccoli and brown rice or quinoa.
NotesWhat to do with that poor, lonely piece of fish. Stew! This is a one pot, stove-top meal. It's hearty, healthy and fast!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More