- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled (I used more)
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage (I used more)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes, carrot and garlic in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place 3 cups potato mixture in a bowl and mash. Set aside mashed potatoes and remaining potato mixture.
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and set aside. In a soup kettle, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until soup is thickened.
- Add the parsley, salt, bouillon, seasoned salt and pepper; mix well. add the mashed potato mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Add the reserved potato and sausage mixtures. Heat through. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
NotesFrom Taste of Home
"I started with a basic potato soup and added my own touches to come up with this comforting recipe," writes Beth Allard from Belmont, New Hampshire.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More