- Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10 min.
- 2 Tbls. unsalted butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 oz.) can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- 1.4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 c. heavy cream
- and (wait for it!) the zest of 1 lemon
- In a large soup pot, melt butter.
- Add onion, carrot, and garlic and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, broth, beans, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, and half of rosemary.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook covered for 30 minutes.
- Puree in batches in a food processor or blender (be careful not to fill it more than halfway, since hot liquid expands and will explode all over you and your kitchen, just FYI :)).
- Return to pot to keep warm and season with salt and pepper ( I doubled the salt and pepper here, it needed it!).
- (Now I skipped this part since I didn't have any heavy cream, but you can use a dab of sour cream instead!) Whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold in lemon zest and rosemary. Ladle soup into bowls and top with cream.
NotesFrom Giada De Laurentiis' Giada's Kitchen
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More