- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 lb of Italian Sausage (Hot, Sweet or Mild) Casings removed
- 2 Medium Onions (or one really large one) chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 4 Small potatoes (or 3 medium ones, or 2 large ones)peeled and chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 4 Medium carrots (or 2 large ones) sliced in rounds if medium sized or cut in half and sliced if large ones
- 3 Celery Stalks chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1 Medium zucchini, cut length-wise in half and than sliced
- 1 Can (28oz) of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped fine (or 1tsp of minced garlic)
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
- 3 cups of water
- You will need:
- A large pot (We recommend a 6-8 quart stock/soup pot)
- A large spoon for stirring (We used a classic wooden spoon)
- A hand sieve or strainer with small slots
- A sharp knife
- A Peeler
- A measuring cup
- A teaspoon and a tablespoon
- 1. In a large pot combine the sausage, onions, and bell pepper and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes (until sausage is well browned) Stirring frequently to prevent burning. Drain fat if necessary.
- 2. Add in tomatoes, water, basil, oregano, potatoes, carrots, and celery. Bring to a boil and than reduce heat to medium-low and simmer covered for 20 minutes (until vegetables are just tender) stirring occasionally
- 3. Add in zucchini and simmer 5-10 minutes, until zucchini is tender.
NotesThis is a quick recipe for a hearty and filling soup. It came about due to cold weather, having a cold, and being pretty hungry!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Crockpot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Sour Cream Apple Squares
My Individual Pineapple Upside DownsSee More