- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: Approx. 8 - 10 pancakes
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (Opt.)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (skim works fine)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- Combine all the dry ingredient; stir.
- Combine the liquid ingredients together; mix well and add to dry ingredients.
- Do not overmix!
- Important - let this sit for about 10 minutes.
- On a hot griddle (sprayed with Pam lightly), cook carefully until several bubbles appear and pancake begins to 'dull'. Flip and cook for about half of the time.
- (Note: Because of the high gluten/wheat germ content, these could burn easily.)
- These are delicious served with honey or real maple syrup.
NotesIt is from an old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
If you love the taste of whole wheat, these healthy pancakes are for you. They truly 'stick-to-your-ribs' without a lot of fat and cholesterol.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More