- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: Approx. 8 - 10 pancakes
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryIt is from an old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
If you love the taste of whole wheat, these healthy pancakes are for you. They truly 'stick-to-your-ribs' without a lot of fat and cholesterol.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (Opt.)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (skim works fine)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- Combine all the dry ingredient; stir.
- Combine the liquid ingredients together; mix well and add to dry ingredients.
- Do not overmix!
- Important - let this sit for about 10 minutes.
- On a hot griddle (sprayed with Pam lightly), cook carefully until several bubbles appear and pancake begins to 'dull'. Flip and cook for about half of the time.
- (Note: Because of the high gluten/wheat germ content, these could burn easily.)
- These are delicious served with honey or real maple syrup.