- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: Approx. 8 - 10 pancakes
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (Opt.)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (skim works fine)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- Combine all the dry ingredient; stir.
- Combine the liquid ingredients together; mix well and add to dry ingredients.
- Do not overmix!
- Important - let this sit for about 10 minutes.
- On a hot griddle (sprayed with Pam lightly), cook carefully until several bubbles appear and pancake begins to 'dull'. Flip and cook for about half of the time.
- (Note: Because of the high gluten/wheat germ content, these could burn easily.)
- These are delicious served with honey or real maple syrup.
NotesIt is from an old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
If you love the taste of whole wheat, these healthy pancakes are for you. They truly 'stick-to-your-ribs' without a lot of fat and cholesterol.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More