- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large Hershey bars (sweet chocolate)
- 1 stick melted butter (not oleo)
- 1/4 lb. very soft miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 c. (or more) whole pecan halves
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Break chocolate in small pieces.
- Melt in double boiler over hot water, but not boiling.
- Beat until smooth.
- Melt butter over low flame, stirring constantly. Add melted butter to fully melted chocolate; add vanilla.
- Pour into 8-inch mixer bowl & let set in icebox until consistency of a medium custard.
- Stir occasionally, scraping sides and bottom while it cools.
- When cool and thick, beat at high speed for 1 minute until it is light in color and texture. Add marshmallows and pecans, a few at a time, folding in gently.
- Pour at once into a 9-inch square pan lined with waxed paper.
- Flatten top with a spoon and keep in icebox until firm (about 30 minutes).
- When firm, cut in squares and keep in Tupperware.
- I keep in icebox during the holidays until ready to serve.
- Will keep for days.
NotesEverybody will want more. I always have to double this. Great for gifts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More