- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 oz. NESTLÉ CHOCOLATIER™ 53% Cacao Dark Chocolate Baking Bar(s), broken into small sections
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 5 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 375º F. Adjust oven rack to the lower-middle position of the oven. Grease six 6-ounce soufflé dishes or ramekins with 1 tablespoon butter. Coat bottom and sides with 2 tablespoons sugar; dump out any excess.
- MICROWAVE small chocolate pieces and 1/4 cup butter in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Pieces may retain some of the their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- WHISK egg yolks, one at a time, into chocolate mixture. Whisk in vanilla extract and salt.
- BEAT egg whites in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Beat in cream of tartar. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/2 cup egg white mixture into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg white mixture gently but thoroughtly. Divide batter among prepared ramekins. Smooth tops and clean excess batter from rims. Place on baking sheet.
- BAKE for 15 to 17 minutes or until puffed and center still moves slightly. Serve immediately.
- Serves 6
NotesThis is where heaven meets earth! A traditional recipe enhanced with the rich flavor of NESTLÉ CHOCOLATIER®, making it a truly decadent dessert.
Recipe from NESTLÉ CHOCOLATIER®
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More