- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour **
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Cream of Coconut
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut -OR- 1/2 cup shredded commercially prepared coconut
- **If you don't have store-bought cake flour, here's the substitute.
- Cake Flour
- Put 2 level tablespoons cornstarch into a measuring cup.
- Fill to 1 cup mark with all purpose flour.
- Sift 3 times. Makes 1 cup cake flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease 3 8" round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add yolks and cream of coconut; blend well.
- Sift together, salt, flour, and baking powder.
- Add alternately with milk to above mixture.
- Blend well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, blend well.
- Set aside.
- Wash beaters in hot soapy water.
- Making sure bowl and beaters are absolutely grease-free, whip the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites and coconut into batter.
- Pour into cake pans.
- Bake about 30 minutes, toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with Coconut Frosting (recipe to follow).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More