- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large Hershey bars (sweet chocolate)
- 1 stick melted butter (not oleo)
- 1/4 lb. very soft miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 c. (or more) whole pecan halves
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Break chocolate in small pieces.
- Melt in double boiler over hot water, but not boiling.
- Beat until smooth.
- Melt butter over low flame, stirring constantly. Add melted butter to fully melted chocolate; add vanilla.
- Pour into 8-inch mixer bowl & let set in icebox until consistency of a medium custard.
- Stir occasionally, scraping sides and bottom while it cools.
- When cool and thick, beat at high speed for 1 minute until it is light in color and texture. Add marshmallows and pecans, a few at a time, folding in gently.
- Pour at once into a 9-inch square pan lined with waxed paper.
- Flatten top with a spoon and keep in icebox until firm (about 30 minutes).
- When firm, cut in squares and keep in Tupperware.
- I keep in icebox during the holidays until ready to serve.
- Will keep for days.
NotesEverybody will want more. I always have to double this. Great for gifts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More