- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- six dried chipotles
- one head garlic
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- splash of tequila
- 4 habaneros (fresh off the bush)
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ***WARNING!! When working with habaneros, be sure to wash hands thoroughly and/or wear rubber gloves before touching eyes or any sensitive body parts!! Also beware of VERY STRONG fumes from saucepan, on the stove or in the sink. They will burn your eyes & lungs!***
- Boil some water, then turn it to low and add the chipotles, cover and let sit for about 45 min.
- Meanwhile, get your head of garlic and mince it all.
- Once the chipotles are soft, saute the garlic in a saucepan with a tablespoon of the butter until it turns brown.
- Deglaze with saucepan with a big splash of tequila, and turn the heat to low. Put in the rest of the butter and let it melt.
- Meanwhile, chop up all the peppers.
- Add the peppers, honey, Frank's Red Hot Pepper Sauce, mustard and spices, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour over fried chicken wings.
NotesThis is my favorite wing sauce! Jon (Hector) is always trying new wing sauces... so far this is my favorite!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More