HEINEMANN'S CHOCOLATE TOFFEE COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 13 minutes
- Servings: 3 dozen 3-4 inch cookies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 11 Tablespoons unsalted, very soft room - temperature butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/1/4 cups unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coursely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup toffee bits (not chocolate covered)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In large bowl,beat butter with sugars until fluffy. Add Eggs,
one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In another bowl,combine flour with baking powder, baking soda,
salt, and cocoa. Add to creamed mixture gradually. Add nuts
and toffee bits and mix until combined.
Roll about 2-tablespoon portions of dough into balls, place on
parchment lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart and flatten slightly.
Bake in pre-heated oven about 13 minutes, or until cookies are
firm around the edges and cracked and almost dry on top.
(inside the crakes will appear moist) Cookies will spread.
Remove from Oven and let cool 3 minutes before transferring to
a wire rack. Cookies should be crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside.