- Cooking Time: 13 minutes
- Servings: 3 dozen 3-4 inch cookies
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryThis recipie came from Heinemann's, and old restaurant that closed down , here in Milwaukee, Wi.
- 11 Tablespoons unsalted, very soft room - temperature butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/1/4 cups unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coursely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup toffee bits (not chocolate covered)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl,beat butter with sugars until fluffy. Add Eggs,
- one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl,combine flour with baking powder, baking soda,
- salt, and cocoa. Add to creamed mixture gradually. Add nuts
- and toffee bits and mix until combined.
- Roll about 2-tablespoon portions of dough into balls, place on
- parchment lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake in pre-heated oven about 13 minutes, or until cookies are
- firm around the edges and cracked and almost dry on top.
- (inside the crakes will appear moist) Cookies will spread.
- Remove from Oven and let cool 3 minutes before transferring to
- a wire rack. Cookies should be crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside.