- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) red currant jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Gently blend beef, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, onion, garlic, salt and pepper until evenly combined.
- Form into about 40 bite-sized meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Combine chili sauce and jelly in a saucepan set over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until jelly dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to the sauce; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Twist 1:For a meat variation, use ground turkey or pork for the ground beef.
- Twist 2:For a vegetarian option, purchase ready made veggiemeatballs and heat in the sauce for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Twist 3:For a peachy version, substitute peach jam for the red currant jelly.
- Twist 4:For a tangy citrus version, substitute citrus marmalade for the red currant jelly.
- Twist 5:For a sweet and spicy version, substitute hot pepper jelly for the red currant jelly.
- Twist 6:For a grape-licious version, substitute grape jelly for the red currant jelly.
- Twist 7:For an Indian-influenced version, substitute mango chutney for the red currant jelly.
- Nutritional Information:
- Per Serving: 228 calories, 7 g fat, 12 g protein, 27 g carbs, 1 g fibre, 559 mg sodium.
NotesExcellent source vitamin B12, vitamin D, and zinc.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More