- Cooking Time: 45 - 60 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs (I use Italian bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Heinz 57 Sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Heinz 57 Sauce for topping
- *I don't usually eat onions so sometimes I will make this with peppers or mushrooms or both. You can add whatever your preferred vegetable is.
- Combine ground beef and all ingredients except the Heinz 57 Sauce for topping.
- Shape into a loaf or use a meatloaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Allow meatloaf to stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Heinz 57 Sauce for topping can be added before or after cooking - whatever is your preference.
NotesI've made a number of different meatloaf recipes, but this one is by far my favorite and so simple to make.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More