- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) soft, fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Heinz Chili Sauce
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) red currant jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Gently blend beef, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, onion, garlic, salt and pepper until evenly combined.
- Form into about 40 bite-sized meatballs.
- Place meatballs on a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Combine chili sauce and jelly in a saucepan set over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, until jelly dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked meatballs to the sauce; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Twist 1:For a meat variation, use ground turkey or pork for the ground beef.
- Twist 2:For a vegetarian option, purchase ready made veggiemeatballs and heat in the sauce for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Twist 3:For a peachy version, substitute peach jam for the red currant jelly.
- Twist 4:For a tangy citrus version, substitute citrus marmalade for the red currant jelly.
- Twist 5:For a sweet and spicy version, substitute hot pepper jelly for the red currant jelly.
- Twist 6:For a grape-licious version, substitute grape jelly for the red currant jelly.
- Twist 7:For an Indian-influenced version, substitute mango chutney for the red currant jelly.
- Nutritional Information:
- Per Serving: 228 calories, 7 g fat, 12 g protein, 27 g carbs, 1 g fibre, 559 mg sodium.
NotesExcellent source vitamin B12, vitamin D, and zinc.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More