- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 & 1/6 cups canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 medium-sized apples, sliced fine and roughly chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F.
- Mix the oil, sugar, and eggs together, and beat on low speed with electric hand mixer until well-blended.
- Fold in the apples and chopped nuts.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then and stir the dry mixture into the other ingredients.
- Also adding the vanilla.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Serve warm with ice cream, or eat for breakfast the next day!
NotesMy boyfriend Karl's mother shared this wonderful recipe with us when Karl raided an apple tree on his grad school campus. We needed ways to use the apples (besides making a ton of apple sauce!), and this was a big hit for both of us.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More