- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10-15
- 2 cups Buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 TB milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 an apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup coconut (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Combine all wet ingredients, EXCEPT for water, in a separate bowl. (milk, eggs, apple, carrot, vanilla & oil).
- Combine wet & dry ingredients, adding water as needed.
- The dough will be quite thick.
- Do not overmix
- Fill muffin cups to the top, and sprinkle tops iwth a bit of granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 20-25 mins. (depending on your oven.)
NotesI started a gluten free diet over a year ago, & tried a similar muffin at a local gluten free bakery. Rather than pay $4 per muffin, I decided to find a similar recipe & make it gluten free. They turned out great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More