- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- • 1 cup shelled hemp seeds
- • 2 tightly packed cups of fresh basil
- • 1/2 tsp salt
- • Freshly ground black pepper
- • 2 tbsp lemon juice
- • 1 clove garlic, minced (2 cloves if
- you’re a garlic fan)
- • 2/3 cup water
- • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place hemp seeds in a food processor fitted with the S blade. Grind till they’re powdery.
- Add basil and pulse to combine well.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon, garlic, and pulse
- With the motor running, add water in a thin stream, as if you were making a nut pate. Stop once in a while to scrape the bowl.
- Keep adding water until the pesto is still quite thick, but not pasty.
- Keep motor running, and finish the pesto by drizzling in the 2 tbsp EVOO. This isn’t necessary, but it’ll give the pesto a more
- traditional flavor.
NotesMany “Planners” are reporting great success with weight loss when adding hemp seeds to their meals.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More