- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz. salmon steak, about 1 1/2 in thick
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp tarragon, finely minced
- 1/8 tsp rosemary, finely minced
- 1/8 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- pinch ground mustard seed
- pinch ground red pepper
- 1/2 small garlic clove, minced
- salt and ground peppercorns
- Heat heavy saute pan over medium high heat and set broiler to low.
- Add olive oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add salmon steak, skin-down to hot pan and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Season top of steak with herbs, garlic, and salt and ground pepper. Flip steak in pan and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove skin from bottom of steak and discard.
- Add lemon juice to pan and swirl to coat. Put pan under broiler and cook until heated through and fork tender.
- Flip salmon steak in pan and swirl to pick up browned bits in pan halfway through. Remove pan from oven, flip and swirl on bottom of pan to pick up juices and transfer to plate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More