- Cooking Time: 9-10
- Servings: 14-15
- Preparation Time: 12
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup low fat milk
- Set oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the oil and milk.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and pour in the milk and oil mixture.
- Stir with fork until combined, the dough will be on the wet side.
- Flour a cutting board.
- Dump the dough out onto the board.
- Flour your hands and the top of the dough and need until drier and soft.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll out the dough to your desired thickness of biscuit.
- Using a circular cookie cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a baking sheet.
- Sit the biscuits close to each other, touching in a circular pattern, filling in the circle too.
- Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cool.
NotesThese biscuits are low fat and delicious! The herbs and/or spices can be omitted if you prefer a plain biscuit. My 3 year old loves these biscuits. It's always her preferred snack of choice whenever I make a batch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More