- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 1/2 cup.
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tb. boiling water
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 c. butter, room temp.
- Pour boiling water over dried basil leaves. Cover and let stand 'til lukewarm.
- Blend into butter. Cover and refrigerate. It will keep several days. Add sparingly to cooked veg., not more than 1-2 tsp. to 2 c. veg. Heat together a few minutes.
- Note: Use any dried herb you wish instead of basil. Among the favorites are thyme, rosemary, parsley and tarragon.
NotesBe stingy and add just a touch of this for a subtle herb flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
The Social Cookbook
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More