- Cooking Time: 9-10
- Servings: 14-15
- Preparation Time: 12
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup low fat milk
- Set oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the oil and milk.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and pour in the milk and oil mixture.
- Stir with fork until combined, the dough will be on the wet side.
- Flour a cutting board.
- Dump the dough out onto the board.
- Flour your hands and the top of the dough and need until drier and soft.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll out the dough to your desired thickness of biscuit.
- Using a circular cookie cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a baking sheet.
- Sit the biscuits close to each other, touching in a circular pattern, filling in the circle too.
- Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cool.
NotesThese biscuits are low fat and delicious! The herbs and/or spices can be omitted if you prefer a plain biscuit. My 3 year old loves these biscuits. It's always her preferred snack of choice whenever I make a batch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More