- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Halve potatoes lengthwise and prick them. Place on a baking sheet and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender but not mushy. Remove from oven and set on a rack to cool a bit.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, turn on broiler to high. Scoop sweet potato flesh out of skins, leaving a wall 1/2-inch thick. (Reserve scooped out flesh for another use.) Cut each sweet potato shell lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide wedges.
- Combine olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add potato skins to herbed oil mixture and gently toss to combine. Return to baking sheet and broil 4 to 5 inches from the top for 4 to 6 minutes, or until piping hot.
NotesBake the potatoes until they are just tender and still a tad firm so they don't turn to mush and fall apart. These potato skins are a great side dish to meat, tofu or salmon.
Per serving (4.5 oz/125g-wt.): 170 calories (70 from fat), 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 2g protein, 24g total carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 10g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium