- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Halve potatoes lengthwise and prick them. Place on a baking sheet and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender but not mushy. Remove from oven and set on a rack to cool a bit.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, turn on broiler to high. Scoop sweet potato flesh out of skins, leaving a wall 1/2-inch thick. (Reserve scooped out flesh for another use.) Cut each sweet potato shell lengthwise into 1/2-inch-wide wedges.
- Combine olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add potato skins to herbed oil mixture and gently toss to combine. Return to baking sheet and broil 4 to 5 inches from the top for 4 to 6 minutes, or until piping hot.
NotesBake the potatoes until they are just tender and still a tad firm so they don't turn to mush and fall apart. These potato skins are a great side dish to meat, tofu or salmon.
Per serving (4.5 oz/125g-wt.): 170 calories (70 from fat), 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 2g protein, 24g total carbohydrate (4g dietary fiber, 10g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
The NourishFull Kitchen
The Social CookbookSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More