HERB TOPPED PORK TENDERLOIN
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fat free half-and-half or milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium white potatoes, very thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 lb. total)
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal (crushed to 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or chopped fresh sage
- Fresh rosemary sprigs or whole sage leaves (optional)
1. In small nonstick saucepan cook onions and garlic in 1 teaspoon of the butter for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. In small bowl whisk together half-and-half, flour, salt and pepper. Stir into onion mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened and boiling. (Mixture will be very thick.) Remove from heat.
2. In 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish or shallow 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray layer half of the potatoes. Spread half of the onion mixture over top.
Repeat layers. Tightly cover with foil. Bake, covered, at 350º F for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, melt remaining 5 teaspoons butter. In shallow dish combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN COMPLETE wheat bran flakes cereal and Parmesan cheese. Coat pork slices with butter. Roll in cereal mixture.
4. Arrange pork on top of hot potatoes. Sprinkle with any remaining cereal mixture. Drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350º F for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon rosemary. Bake, uncovered, at 350º F about 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and pork is done. Garnish with rosemary sprigs (if desired).
Website Credit: http://www.all-bran.com/#/home