- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fat free half-and-half or milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium white potatoes, very thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 lb. total)
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal (crushed to 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or chopped fresh sage
- Fresh rosemary sprigs or whole sage leaves (optional)
- 1. In small nonstick saucepan cook onions and garlic in 1 teaspoon of the butter for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. In small bowl whisk together half-and-half, flour, salt and pepper. Stir into onion mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thickened and boiling. (Mixture will be very thick.) Remove from heat.
- 2. In 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish or shallow 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray layer half of the potatoes. Spread half of the onion mixture over top.
- Repeat layers. Tightly cover with foil. Bake, covered, at 350º F for 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile, melt remaining 5 teaspoons butter. In shallow dish combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN COMPLETE wheat bran flakes cereal and Parmesan cheese. Coat pork slices with butter. Roll in cereal mixture.
- 4. Arrange pork on top of hot potatoes. Sprinkle with any remaining cereal mixture. Drizzle with any remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350º F for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon rosemary. Bake, uncovered, at 350º F about 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and pork is done. Garnish with rosemary sprigs (if desired).
NotesA home-style casserole featuring creamy scalloped potatoes topped with crispy-coated pork tenderloin and fresh herbs.