Herb and Cheese Mini Quiches
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 3-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese (1 ounce)
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1/2 cup half-and-half, light cream, or milk
* 1/4 cup finely shredded Gouda or Havarti cheese
* 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
* 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon, crushed
* 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
* 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
* Roasted red pepper, finely chopped
* Snipped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For pastry, in a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
Beat in the flour and Asiago cheese until a soft dough forms.
Press 1 rounded teaspoon of the pastry evenly into the bottom and up the side of each of 48 ungreased 1-3/4-inch muffin cups.
For filling, in a medium bowl, stir together eggs; half-and-half, light cream, or milk; Gouda or Havarti cheese; pine nuts; tarragon; the 1 tablespoon chives; and the black pepper.
Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon of the filling into each pastry-lined muffin cup.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool slightly in muffin cups.
Carefully remove from muffin cups; place on a wire rack or serving platter.
Top with chopped roasted red pepper and additional snipped chives. Serve warm.
Makes 48 mini quiches
To Make Ahead: Prepare, bake, and cool quiches. Place in freezer container, seal and label. Freeze for up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight.
Arrange quiches on baking sheet.
Heat in a 325 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until warm.