HERBED ARUGULA-TOMATO SALAD WITH CHICKEN
- Servings: Serves 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- • 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- • 4 (4-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
- • Cooking spray
- • 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- • 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- • 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
- • 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- • 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- • 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- • 1 garlic clove, minced
- • 3 tablespoons halved pitted kalamata olives
1. Combine 1 tablespoon oil, rind, juice, and chicken cutlets; let stand 5 minutes.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from heat; keep warm.
3. Combine tomatoes and arugula in a large bowl. Combine vinegar, herbes de Provence, mustard, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, stirring vinaigrette constantly with a whisk. Drizzle the vinaigrette over salad; toss gently to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates. Cut chicken cutlets across the grain into thin slices; arrange 1 sliced cutlet over each salad, and top each serving with about 2 teaspoons olives.
Fat: 14.2g (sat 2.1g,mono 9.5g,poly 1.8g)
Laraine Perri, Cooking Light, MAY 2010